Hello everyone sorry for late update this blog, I have been really very busy analyze forex market and grown my another business, busy IRL also… ðŸ˜€
Now my story…….
Last week my cousins tell me in his office he got strange virus. He said there is lot shortcut in desktop an computers running slow. How actually some newbie out there know exactly which one real programs/folders and which one shortcut? Don’t say you’re not noob! almost many people not take to much attention on this simple different, that’s why with simple social technique virus maker can win beating yourself! ðŸ˜›
To know when your computer infected by this virus there is 4 important point:
- In your “My Documents” folder there is file named “database.mdb“.
- There is clone folder with extension .lnk maximum 5 first folder arranged by name, rules until second sub folders.
- There is files Autorun.inf, Thumb.db, Microsoft.lnk in each root drive and folders, rules until second sub folders. (You might not see them because it’s set hidden)
- Your Registry Editor is disabled.
This virus master actually in “My Document” folder named “database.mdb” Wait… you will know why this is called as virus master. Actually virus will created clone for folder using “wscript.exe” execution. wscript.exe is microsoft windows based script host programs.
Virus will change your registry:
“Explorer”=”Wscript.exe //e:VBScript \”C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\database.mdb\””
“WinUpdate”=”Wscript.exe /e:VBScript \”C:\WINDOWS\:Microsoft Office Update for Windows XP.sys\””
I think you all know how this registry changed will affect on your computer each time it reboot no need to explain this right? Really simple social technique.
Now time for how to clean this virus manually:
1. Disabled “System Restore” in cleaning process.
2. Kill wscript.exe process from your computer background programs.
3. In cleaning process you have to rename file wscript.exe to any nameÃ‚ ex:blabla (temporary only in cleaning process) and don’t forget to rename it back again to wscript.exe once your computer clean.
4. Deleted file “database.mdb” from “My Documents” folder.
5. Disabled any startup process which has link with “database.mdb” you can use msconfig or hijackthis.
6. Delete file autorun.inf, microsoft.inf and thumb.db use command prompt and type “del Microsoft.inf /s” (should in root drive to deleted in all in drive) for autorun.infÃ‚ and thumb.db since this file set with attrib RSHA type “del autorun.inf /s /ah /f” (should in root drive to deleted in all in drive, change autorun.inf with thumb.db to deleted all thumb.db)
7. deleted all .lnk files with size 1kb, you can use advanced search function. Carefully when you want to deleted look on this sample:
Deleted only shortcut with size 1kb and using folder icon, this is socialÃ‚ virus spreading technique that mostly tricky newbie out there.
7. Repair your registry using repair.inf
HKLM, Software\CLASSES\batfile\shell\open\command,,,”””%1″” %*”
HKLM, Software\CLASSES\comfile\shell\open\command,,,”””%1″” %*”
HKLM, Software\CLASSES\exefile\shell\open\command,,,”””%1″” %*”
HKLM, Software\CLASSES\piffile\shell\open\command,,,”””%1″” %*”
HKLM, Software\CLASSES\regfile\shell\open\command,,,”regedit.exe “%1″”
HKLM, Software\CLASSES\scrfile\shell\open\command,,,”””%1″” %*”
HKLM, SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon, Shell,0, “Explorer.exe”
HKLM, SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\SafeBoot, AlternateShell,0, “cmd.exe”
HKLM, SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\SafeBoot, AlternateShell,0, “cmd.exe”
8. Scan with your best antivirus program to make sure your system clean and restarted your computer. Now see if this virus coming back or not
- Remove MaHaDeWa VBS.Autorun.AM
- Remove W32/VBWorm.QXE (bulubebek)
- Remove virus AMBURADUL (all varian)
- Remove K0pL4xZ Virus VBWorm.QTT
Related Search Terms:
- how to remove lnk virus (59)
- lnk virus (34)
- kill4shortcutvirus exe (24)
- BackDoor-EZC!lnk (23)
- lnk virus removal (20)
- SHORTCUT VIRUS (19)
- worm:win32/dorkbot!lnk (17)
- LNK file (ink) virus (15)
- dorkbot!ink (15)
- dorkbot lnk (14)
- e518892 exe (14)
- remove lnk virus (14)
- lnk virus remover (14)
- virus lnk remover (14)
- shortcut to skype lnk (12)
You go to this page without going through search engines. We will not store this information to the database. If you think this keyword is not relevant with this articles, please use search box below or look more in category and archives.
If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. You may copy or publish this article to your blog or other site as long you give credit link back to this site article. Thanks for visiting my blog!
27 Responses to “Microsoft.lnk Shortcut Virus? Worm:PIF/Starter.A”
- Computer Articles blog » Microsoft.lnk Shortcut Virus? Worm:PIF/Starter.A Ã‚Â» Istanto Blogs
- Itmehe blogi » Blog Archive » Windowsi *.lnk turvaauk- tunnused, kaitsmine - IT blog - arvutid ja arvutiuudised
- Ã™Ë†Ã›Å’Ã˜Â±Ã™Ë†Ã˜Â³ link
- Fix Repair.inf Errors - Windows XP, Vista, 7 & 8